We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peel all the vegetables and put them to boil in water. When they are cooked, drain the juice (from this juice I always make a dumpling soup).
After they have cooled, chop the carrot, potatoes, cucumber and parsnip, make a quick mayonnaise from an egg and 300 ml of oil. Add the lemon juice, salt to taste..and ..
What meat do we choose for a beef salad?
Ideal to find beef broth with bone (Motsching), beef knees or slices of brine with bone marrow. How good is the hot marrow taken out of the bones directly on toast! With a little salt and pepper or grated horseradish is a delight! If you can't find beef knees, you can use so-called & # 8222 beef for soup & # 8221 & # 8211 pieces of breast with slippery layers of connective tissue and bones (ribs or rounds of beef leg). That's how I bought & # 8211 3 pots of 600 g each. The meat was about half the amount, the rest being bones.
For beef salad I make a mayonnaise with a lot of mustard! Mustard goes great with boiled beef. The recipe for & # 8222Fast Mayonnaise & # 8221 can be found here.
Because I make beef salad only once a year (between Christmas and New Year's Eve) I have prepared a larger amount than the world usually does & # 8211 to saturate the family and give it to friends.
The quantities in the recipe below are for a decent portion of 1.5 kg (ie a bowl for about 6 people). If you want to make more you can multiply the list of ingredients (I made x 3).
Recipe: Beef salad
Boil 2 l of water. When the water boils, add the whole beef broth. Gather the foam as many times as needed and let it boil over low heat.
Meanwhile, clean and wash the vegetables. Celery and parsnips are cut into quarters, potatoes and carrots are kept whole. After 50 minutes from the first boil, add the vegetables. Let it boil for 15-20 minutes, without letting it soften.
If the vegetables have boiled and the meat has not yet, the vegetables, except the peas, are removed on the plate, and the meat, together with the peas, is left to boil.
When the meat and peas are well cooked, strain them and allow them to cool slightly. Chop all the small cubes and place in a bowl.
Add the pickles in the vinegar over the meat and vegetable mixture, chopped into small cubes.
Prepare the mayonnaise and add it over the ingredients in the bowl. Garnish with mayonnaise and then green parsley, boiled egg white, donuts, cucumbers or olives.
Beef salad & # 8211 Classic recipe
For us Romanians, a respectable festive meal includes in the menu the well-known "beef salad". Its origin is as mixed as its delicious composition. The name tells us today that the central ingredient is beef (in French boeuf), but it does not tell us that, initially, the salad contained something completely different. In the middle of the 19th century, Lucien Olivier, a French chef famous for his culinary skills, opened the Hérmitage restaurant in the center of Moscow. Olivier's specialty was called "Hunted in Mayonnaise" and was made from partridge breast, jelly cubes made from spice soup, in which he had boiled the game, shrimp tails, mayonnaise made with Provence oil, all decorated with black truffles, and In the middle, for a special aesthetic effect, a pyramid of boiled potatoes, egg slices and cucumbers in vinegar was built. With the Soviet Revolution, capitalist assortments such as shrimp, partridges or truffles were replaced with cheaper ingredients suitable for the class struggle. This is how Stolichny's salad was born, named after the chef who claimed to be Olivier's apprentice and reinvented the recipe. In Europe, salad has entered the formula we know, in which beef and boiled vegetables go well with pickles and mayonnaise.
- 1 kg of beef pulp (I used beef broth, because I couldn't find the pulp anymore)
- 300 g carrots
- 200 g parsnips
- 300 g celery root
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 large head of garlic or 2 smaller ones
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- A healthy spoonful of salt
- 1 kg of red potatoes
- 200 g canned green peas
- 200 g pickles
- 2 whole eggs
- 300 ml sunflower oil.
Method of preparation:
We clean the vegetables and wash them, we wash the garlic and the onion and we only clean the brushes from the root, leaving them in the shell.
We put a large pot of water to boil and when it boils we scald the beef pulp, in my case the brisket. We take it out and wash it well with cold water.
Put the roomy pot again, washed with 4 liters of cold water and add the beef pulp, whole vegetables, onions, garlic and bell pepper, salt, peppercorns and 2 bay leaves. Put the pot on high heat until it starts to boil, then reduce the heat and let it boil, just like any clear soup, for about 2 and a half hours. We froth as many times as needed.
Strain the soup into another pot through a thick sieve and we should get about 2 liters of soup, in which we can put dumplings or noodles.
With the soup we get after cooking vegetables, we can use it as such with semolina or noodle dumplings, or for belly soup, like in a restaurant, the recipe here or click on the photo.
Put the vegetables and meat in a saucepan and cover immediately. Let them cool completely.
Wash the peel of the potatoes thoroughly with a sponge, so that when we boil them, the water remains clear.
We put the potatoes in a pot with water and salt, to cover them well and we boil them until the fork enters them. Do not boil them too much, as they will crack and absorb water.
We take them out on a worktop and leave them to warm for a few minutes, so that we can hold them in our hands when we peel them. Peel the potatoes and let them cool completely in a bowl.
Preparation for mayonnaise:
Put the whole eggs with the oil and half a teaspoon of salt in a narrower bowl.
With the help of a vertical blender we will make the mayonnaise like this: we try to catch both yolks under the blender's head and start it at maximum speed. We do not move at all and let him do his job alone, he will gradually take the oil. When we see that it no longer draws oil, it is a sign that mayonnaise is formed and then we can move and mix it. It's a quick and easy way to make mayonnaise, which never fails, plus it shortens the cooking time. Let it cool.
Cut cubes of 5-6 millimeters all vegetables, potatoes, cucumbers and put them in a bowl with peas, freshly ground pepper, 3/4 of the total amount of mayonnaise and mix, if necessary add more salt.
We put it in a suitable form of cake lined with food foil and press it well, eventually we can give it the shape of a table so that it fits evenly in the form.
Pour over a plate, grease it with the remaining mayonnaise and decorate it according to your imagination and preferences.
Preparation for the meatless beef salad recipe
We boil the vegetables
First we boil the potatoes, we clean the carrots and we put them separately to boil. If we want the carrots to boil faster, we cut them in half or in four. We drain them in a strainer. I prefer to chop in the evening to have time to drain well overnight.
Once we finish chopping, we start to prepare mayonnaise. We put in a bowl the boiled yolks that we pass very well and over them we add the raw yolk. Mix well and start to add the oil lightly, lightly, in a thin thread, mixing with a wooden spoon on one side.
When the mayonnaise starts to get thicker, we can start adding a little mustard. We use the same technique until we finish the oil and the mustard. When we have finished the mayonnaise, we put it in the fridge and start chopping the peeled potatoes and the cold carrots.
I stopped 2 pieces of carrot, 2 cucumbers and peppers for garnish.
Beef salad without meat, simple recipe
After we have finished chopping, we put all the diced ingredients in a large bowl, we add the peas and salt over them and we mix everything well.
Put three quarters of the mayonnaise obtained earlier on them and mix again. We put the salad on the plates, we give it the desired shape and on top we will spread a thin layer of mayonnaise.
After I finish assembling the salad and put the mayonnaise, the most fun part follows, the decoration.
I made popcorn from cucumbers, carrots and peppers.
You can decorate it as you wish and depending on the inspiration you have. And don't forget, if there is a risk of cutting mayonnaise, try putting a few drops of cold water and keep mixing.
I wish you health, inspiration and growth!
The recipe and the photos belong to Oana Branescu and she participates with this recipe in the Great Winter Contest 2019: cook and win
How to make the best beef salad. The secret to coming out perfect every time
Not missing from Romanians' tables, especially for the holidays, the famous beef salad has become an institution in terms of gastronomy. So it is respected by all housewives who compete in decorating the sets.
Depending on the talent and patience, the result is more or less spectacular. But the taste matters, in the end.
With flowers, fir trees, starfish, fish, popular motifs, adorned like a clock, with different wishes, beef salad seems to surpass in imagination any other dish. It has a history that goes through France, has endless adaptations and has become an international brand.
Mrs. Viorica worked for 7 years in a restaurant in Spain and shared the secrets of beef salad with those there. However, abroad, he learned other methods to decorate this fabulous dish that contains many ingredients.
Viorica Paduraru: "We put olives, carrots to decorate it, red donut, carrots with pickled donut, with boiled egg made a popcorn, the egg that I put on top now on the salad I grated on the grater to give it a very beautiful."
The housewife spends more time in the kitchen but does not complain. I think he makes a wonderful salad with a hand in the fight.
"It takes you an hour and better until you cut all your vegetables, until you prepare it, until you arrange it, it's a lot of work, but it's very good, waiting for my guests to serve it."
The housewives chop the vegetables finely, with a knife, never with a food processor. This way it keeps its consistency and does not come out like a paste. Mrs. Ionica has been making the same recipe for 40 years.
Ionica Cimpoaie: "Potatoes, carrots - I don't put peas - parsley, celery and a bird's breast, mayonnaise, I decorate it and that's salad. My mother-in-law, when she lived, ate a basin once. big basin, look, I made them all eat it. And that's why I made more, to give them alms too !? "
The most important stage comes only at the end. The cooks use boiled egg whites, donuts and pickles, and sometimes olives and parsley leaves.
At other houses, including that of Mrs. Liliana, the secret lies in the simplicity and freshness of the ingredients. While the amalgam is being prepared, ideas are coming. For a housewife who respects mayonnaise, it is mandatory in the house only then the work of art begins.
And in the end, no culinary art catalog would be thick enough to include the pride of the authors who now expect praise from guests.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Classic beef salad - grandma's recipe
Preparation time 1 hour 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Total time 1 hour 30 minutes
FOR SALAD (add quantity for decoration)
- 300 g beef [or 1 chicken breast my daughter prefers even though it's called & quotboeuf & quot (beef)]
- 6 carrots (medium)
- 6-7 suitable potatoes
- 4x4 cm celery root
- 200 g boiled peas
- 5-600 g pickled cucumbers
- 150 g muros gogosar
- lemon juice
- mustard (I put sweet and very little of the hot)
- 8 egg yolks
- 500 ml oil (increase the amount of oil if you want with more mayonnaise)
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 spoon mustard (Dijon)
OPTIONAL & gt & gt & gt a little pickled donut made for the red border
PREPARATION Classic beef salad & # 8211 grandma's recipe
1. At least two hours before, take absolutely all the ingredients for mayonnaise out of the fridge to reach room temperature. If one is cold, cut the mayonnaise.
2. 3 hours before, drain the pickles in a pasta sieve. It would be elegant to have all the vegetables cut by hand, but I don't have time, it doesn't hurt the taste and I cut the pickled cucumber in the robot, I cut big cubes in my hand and then the impulse for only 5 seconds, if the robot is strong. Cut the donut by the hand because it is softer. Drain them and before combining them with the rest, lightly press them with your hand through a sieve, otherwise the juice will gather in the tray.
3. Thoroughly wash the meat and vegetables.
4. In a large pot, boil the meat in cold water + 1 teaspoon of salt.
5. Peel the carrots and add them quickly, boil just as much.
6. After 10 minutes, peel the potatoes and add them whole to the boil. I also put a small onion that I throw away at the end.
7. After about 20 minutes add the celery that boils very quickly, possibly remove it before the rest boils, try to easily penetrate the gunpowder in it.
8. Boil the peas separately if frozen. If it tastes like canned food, it usually does not require boiling.
9. While the vegetables are boiling, prepare the mayonnaise, as I said, the must must all have the same room temperature, otherwise it will be cut. Except for the oil, you put everything in the robot, turn it on at low speed and then immediately high and add oil in a thin thread (I have a lid with a hole that measures the oil).
10. It is of course possible with the mixer but it is much more inconvenient. In the days when there were no robots, they rubbed patiently with a wooden spoon.
11. Take out everything in the soup in a large bowl and let it cool just enough to allow you to cut your hand into cubes as small as possible. I noticed that it is much better when the warm vegetables are combined. When I postponed cutting the ingredients for the next day, the salad was not as good.
12. Everything you cut you put in a large bowl in which to maneuver to mix with mayonnaise (you stop a part for decoration. I don't dress it in mayonnaise every day, in my childhood I was sick of the mayonnaise layer who dresses and removes it.
In order not to oxidize, in the version without mayonnaise on top, I wrap it tightly with foil. Often, if there is a lot, I keep it in jars with lids or deep bowls so as to reduce the contact surface with the oxidizing air and decorate only a part of what we consume on the spot.
13. Homogenize the vegetables and mayonnaise, season with salt, add the lemon juice if it is not sour enough and add more mustard.
& # 8220The mirror & # 8221 of mayonnaise, you cut the hearts (with a cutter) from the pickled donut that must be hard. The side border is a mixture of 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise in which I added mashed donuts.
2. Lucian Food and Beyond
3. Brandusa Cooking With My Soul
4. Andreea Mohorea Recipe ABC
5. Aura Carolina Popa Aura Kitchen
6. Adriana Lucia Mara Love in dishes
7. Andreea Denisa & # 8211 Dea & # 8217s Cakes
8. Daiana and Cosmin Simple and good
9. Dana Burlacu Cakes and other sweets
10. Alexandra Butnari Gustolandia
11. Dia Daria My dear recipes
12. Claudia Readings and Flavors
13. Mihaela Voguisine
14. Ioana Tone Passion and color
15. Oana - lack of reciprocity
16. Lili Liliana - lack of reciprocity
17. Cerasela Badr El-Din: Safron and Dates
18. Monica Horoiu & # 8211 Monya & # 8217s & # 8230.
19. Iancu left the project
20. Iuliana Miu? non-existent link
21. Iuliana Florentina Avram Recipes of all kinds
22. Alice Ciobanu Country of dishes
23. Paula Gafitescu: Enjoy Dessert!
24. Geta -link non-existent
25. Simona Alison & # 8217s Trials
26. Iolanda and Georgiana Voinea sisterskitchen
27. Mihaela Sava & gt & gt & gt non-existent link